Honda 225 running poorly. Feels like it is only on four cylinders

I have a 2003 Honda 225 that I just purchased on a Premier Pontoon boat. The engine only has 50 hours on it. When I first put it in the water it felt like it was running on four cylinders, then after it ran a few minutes it kicked in the other 2 cylinders and ran good. It would run about 5700 RPM at WOT. After being out of the water for about a week I put it back on and now it runs rough and seems to be running on four cylinders again. I can only get 4000 RPM now at full throttle. I checked for water in the fuel and there is none. I am thinking it is either bad coils or bad injectors causing the problem. Anyone have any suggestions. I hve no experience with a Honda four stroke.

IllesheimVet

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Honda 225 running poorly. Feels like it is only on four cylinders

Old gas?

No, this is the third tank I have run through it and the gas is fresh. I went and bought all three fuel filtes on Friday and I am installing them today. Sure hope it fixes the problem.

No, this is the third tank I have run through it and the gas is fresh. I went and bought all three fuel filtes on Friday and I am installing them today. Sure hope it fixes the problem.

I just thought I would let everyone know what was wrong. Beleive it or not the problm was a bad spark plug. I replaced one spar plug and the motor runs great. Go figure.