2000-2002 ish 3 cylinder Nissan 2 stroke

dw1911

Recruit
Hello
I have a like new Nissan 50/60hp 3 carb rope start tiller controlled short shaft nissan outboard. I have had it for many years and when I bought it, it was used on a boat for duck hunting. My problem arises from the fact I do not remember the hp rating and the original owner painter over the model numbers. Can some one please help me determine what the exact model and hp rating the engine is? It came with an additional cover but all that says is Nissan PLUS
I bought this to use on a DUX boat but never got around to doing so.... I know this motor is very popular with the DUX racers and has not been produced in 10ish years. This one was used a couple times on a flat bottom boat for waterfoul hunting and then replace with something more conducive to shallow water and marshes. Excellent condition, very low hours stainless steel prop. Can someone help me place a value on it for and Ebay auction or Craigslist sale?
Thank You in advance.
DW

pvanv

Admiral
Re: 2000-2002 ish 3 cylinder Nissan 2 stroke

Can you post any photos? Can you find any numbers on the block? The 50D is a completely different motor from the 60C. Different carbs, different LU, different water pump, etc.

dw1911

Recruit

the only number I can find is 63723 and it is stamped on the top of the exhaust port in the left side looking from the back of the motor. Is there a freeze plug kind indicator like OMC somewhere but I just cannot locate it? lol :)

pvanv

Admiral

That may be a serial. Do you have any pictures?