Honda BF75 stalls after running aground

lalaser

Recruit
Low water level in Seneca Lake caused me to run aground, and my trusty BF75 (old - blue w/ white cover), normally a one-pull starter, now stalls and has no power when given full throttle in forward - almost like it's missing timing or a vacuum hose has busted.

I can't figure out why striking a few rocks seems to have screwed it up, when I would have expected a sheared prop pin or a busted blade - not engine running difficulties.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

mhddist3

Recruit
Re: Honda BF75 stalls after running aground

Perhaps something got into the water pump and is causing it to overheat?

lalaser

Recruit
Re: Honda BF75 stalls after running aground

Perhaps something got into the water pump and is causing it to overheat?

I can't say that it's not the case, but I don't see why it would cause low power, or difficulty starting when the engine's cold.
I can only draw on experience with normally aspirated carbureted engines from my past (cars, mostly), and it seems like the timing's off, or a vacuum hose is loose (and I cannot find a vacuum hose that's damaged).

I'm wondering how easy it could have been for the cogged belt to jump a tooth and the cam shaft to be off.

grarchie

Recruit
Re: Honda B75 doesnt seem to have enough power

Re: Honda B75 doesnt seem to have enough power

hi
please help
i have a honda 75 7.5 hp it starts fine and ticks over great.i have it on a 2.8m yam rib.
it will not get on the plane is there somthing i am doing wrong or is the engine too small.i have seen vids on you tube and it planes easy with a 7.5 hp.so i am guessing i have a power problem