Honda BF5 can it be tuned for more power? Not much more just a little bit thanks

Green Eye

Recruit
Greetings from England clever people.

I've just bought this little Honda BF5 2004 model with approx 10 hours use on it. Prop 7 7/8 x 6 3/4. Honestly it's the newest thing I've ever owned and it still smells like new paint under the hood, immaculate.

I serviced it by changing the engine and g.box oil, checking the plug, draining the carb, took the g.box off and checked the impeller before lubing everything as described in the handbook. Brilliant.

So I took it down to my local canal and went for a spin. Starts no problem, goes well, gave me no issues at all really apart from sounding a bit like a lawn mower but after years no decades of tempramental two strokes I can live with that.

My question is this.

Could I release a little more power to get me, 150lb my dog, 50lb and my lunch up onto the plane in my Yam 250t blow up boat? Currently at full throttle it doesn't manage it and it feels like it should be revving higher, my honda lawn mower revs higher. My old Johnson 9.9hp wih half of the prop worn away got me, my brother (150lb) and 20litres of fuel on the plane.

I read on another forum that it can be tuned to 8hp by releasing a catch on the throttle linkage but I can't see anything obvious.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I know a bigger engine would be better but I have to carry this engine over slippy rocks so the BF5 is as heavy as I can safely go really.

Your thoughts much apreciated.