Honda 25 - fuel leaking through 2 holes near "cooling stream indicator"

morgan-honda

Recruit
What are the 2 holes (connected via rubber hoses to somewhere within the engine) to the right of the "cooling stream indicator" hole on the starboard side of the Honda 25? Mine seem to be leaking gasoline.

Haven't had the boat in the water yet this year, but have run the engine by connecting hose to wash port via Honda's adapter. First time (few days ago) it was difficult to start, and stalled (I assume old fuel had gummed up carbs, changed to new fuel before starting this year). It did seem to run fine after a while, but I did see fuel/oil sheen in water coming from the exhaust. Today I just tried several times to start it, but stopped when I smelled/felt gas coming out of one or both of the holes I mentioned. Owner's manual doesn't mention these holes.

Know what they are, and what's going on with the engine?

Thanks!
John

dtj

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Honda 25 - fuel leaking through 2 holes near "cooling stream indicator"

What are the 2 holes (connected via rubber hoses to somewhere within the engine) to the right of the "cooling stream indicator" hole on the starboard side of the Honda 25? Mine seem to be leaking gasoline.

Haven't had the boat in the water yet this year, but have run the engine by connecting hose to wash port via Honda's adapter. First time (few days ago) it was difficult to start, and stalled (I assume old fuel had gummed up carbs, changed to new fuel before starting this year). It did seem to run fine after a while, but I did see fuel/oil sheen in water coming from the exhaust. Today I just tried several times to start it, but stopped when I smelled/felt gas coming out of one or both of the holes I mentioned. Owner's manual doesn't mention these holes.

Know what they are, and what's going on with the engine?

Thanks!
John

Sounds like carb. overflow ports, good indication that your float valve is inoperable allowing fuel overflow leak..........Don

morgan-honda

Recruit

Sounds like carb. overflow ports, good indication that your float valve is inoperable allowing fuel overflow leak..........Don

Thanks Don - will pursue.
John

Midnight Krawler

Seaman Apprentice

Those hoses go to the bottom of the carbs. They are used to drain the fuel when you winterize. On the bottom of the carb bowl there is a screw next to the hose. Try tightening it.