honda 225 throttle not goin all way down

joey p

Recruit
have twin honda 225 outbds starbd throttle only goes down about 3\4 way only givin me 3400 rpm on that engine port engine fine .this happens in gear or netral.If I go to engine I can still push on spring accelerator and rev to full . any ideas.next time I am at my boat I will try to disconnect throttle cable were it comes into engine to see if there is a bind in throttle itself.

IllesheimVet

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: honda 225 throttle not goin all way down

With remote control lever in full throttle position the throttle arm ( starboard eng . side) should be up against the stop. If not, adjust the throttle cable end . With remote in full throttle position, there should be a 1MM (.040) gap or less between the throttle lever (your spring accelerator on top port engine side) and it's stop. If adjustment is required (it sounds like yours does) go back to the starboard engine side and adjust the 2 cables until you get that measurement. When properly adjusted, the roller at the throttle cam (the black plastic lever on port side) should line up (or be pretty close) with the embossed triangle mark on the cam, with the control in neutral position: and you should get the 1MM or less measurement on the throttle lever when control is at full throttle position. I found it's best to unclip both cables from the silencer housing to make the adjustments. The service manual gives the specific measurements for both ends of the cables as a starting point. I recommend getting the Helm manual if you plan to work on the 225 yourself.

joey p

Recruit

thanks

Ill give that ba look today

joey p

Recruit

wow. got lucky .took peice of cowling off were throttle cable turns into stiff rod. found bind in there .half a can of wd later and my throttle goes all way down .thanks to all