Variable Speed Trolling Control Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

herricka

Recruit
I have a 2008 Honda BF135 which i bought a Variable Speed Trolling Control Switch and adaptor for over the winter. Had the dealer install but, testing it this year ...it doesnt do anything. Anybody have one? Installed one?

Mechanic says the computer overides it, the Honda site says its compatible with the serial number.
Hoping somebody might have a clue where to start?

bradleyj

Cadet
Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I just bought a couple of BF150 outboards with serial numbers just below the addition of the trolling speed control feature and I would REALLY like to add this feature. I've checked with a specialty ECU tuning company and they say that this feature is burned into the base program of the ECU so it's not something that can be added with a reflash. Does anyone know what ECU part number I'd need to buy for these motors to get this feature? I'm guessing that all that's needed is a updated ECU and the switch and harness assemblies, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I just bought a couple of BF150 outboards with serial numbers just below the addition of the trolling speed control feature and I would REALLY like to add this feature. I've checked with a specialty ECU tuning company and they say that this feature is burned into the base program of the ECU so it's not something that can be added with a reflash. Does anyone know what ECU part number I'd need to buy for these motors to get this feature? I'm guessing that all that's needed is a updated ECU and the switch and harness assemblies, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

bradleyjc

And you shouldn't be opening up a new thread, you start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.