2003 Tohatsu 90 TLDI - what do i need to make it a short shaft - is it possible?

sgrem

Cadet
Im tweaking my flats skiff....looking to save every last pound. I have two 5"-6" jack plates to get it high enough. I could lose whatever weight from the short shaft conversion and the weight of the jack plate....all would make a lot of difference on a flats skiff being the leverage out the back like that....anyway all feed back welcomed.

pvanv

Admiral
Re: 2003 Tohatsu 90 TLDI - what do i need to make it a short shaft - is it possible?

Nope. The TLDI 90B was available as L or UL shafts, not S. You would have custom machine work to shorten the driveshaft and shift linkages, plus cutting down the exhaust housing. Super cost prohibitive.

sgrem

Cadet
Re: 2003 Tohatsu 90 TLDI - what do i need to make it a short shaft - is it possible?

Nope. The TLDI 90B was available as L or UL shafts, not S. You would have custom machine work to shorten the driveshaft and shift linkages, plus cutting down the exhaust housing. Super cost prohibitive.

Great response....thank you muck. Good to know and good advise....I respect your feedback.