Honda 40 alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer
I get an alarm while underway at WOT and she stops when I let off back to idle. I had the water pump redone last year and it pees real well. I have my wrench coming over this week to have a look but I wonder if anyone has any input?
He will check the water pump. If thats not it we will need to take her out and get it to alarm for him.

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Honda 40 alarm

Just an update. Not that anyone replied but what the heck.
I had my wrench take a look at the motor. Water pump impeller is still like new. He couldn't find a problem running it on the hose. He said to take it out and if the buzzer went off to feel the motor, or he would come out with me and hit it with a heat gun to see if the motor was actually hot. Well I put her back in the water we ran it for at least an hour WOT and no buzzer YEA!! Don't know why but I'm not arguing. The thing went off on the last 4 trips out prior to this.
I'm a happy camper. Boats in the water and working great again.

MrFishy

Seaman Apprentice
Im having that issue with my 40hp 2010 Honda as well. The water pump is working strong and did an oil pressure test with no issues. My trim tab is going bad but not sure why the alarm keeps going off when in gear...?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Im having that issue with my 40hp 2010 Honda as well. The water pump is working strong and did an oil pressure test with no issues. My trim tab is going bad but not sure why the alarm keeps going off when in gear...?

Ancient thread. Please start a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.