2006 Honda 90 hp on a 22ft Crest pontoon, max rpms 2600

pocket6722

Recruit
Hello, I am a new to this site. I purchased this boat with the motor not running. The previous owner set it up for the winter with ethanol gas and no treatment in the gas, so this is what I have done to this point. Pulled the Carbs and rebuilt them (got to see firsthand what ethanol does when it sits up in a carb), changed fuel filter, spark plugs, oil and filter, lower unit oil, flushed out fuel line, and cleaned the fuel tank, I didn?t change the water impellor because previous owner had just changed it in June of last year. The engine idles and runs fine, the only problem it will not turn over 2600 rpms, it doesn?t matter if it?s just me or I have 12 adults in the boat. I have since done a compression test all within the 200psi range, verified the tach is set to correct pole (4) position. When I had pulled the carbs off with the manifold and removed the throttle assy there is a vacuum module that hooks up to this set up and I was wondering what this was for, could this be the possible reason for the limited rpms? I have read on some other post that this motor has a limp mode and was wondering if it produces a code is there a way I can clear it. Thanks in advance for any information.