Honda bf75 parts needed

dktool

Recruit
I just purchased a MINT condition 1980's BF75 short shaft outboard, my issue is that it needs to be a long shaft for my application, unfortunately this one is a short shaft.

Does anyone know of a source / bone yard for these motors ? I am hoping to find a usable lower housing and the rest of the parts to convert this to a long shaft. If that doesn't work out I may have to sell it as is, which would be a shame due to it's pristine condition.

5Ld5H85Ja3Id3N23o4c1fcd57f553cfb31710.jpg

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Honda bf75 parts needed

The hard part here is finding the used parts equally pristine.Other than that,you will need the exhaust housing,driveshaft,and shiftshaft.I can almost promise you that any Honda dealer in your area has one of these to pick over.

dktool

Recruit

Unfortunately there are non to be had in my area to pick. I did however come up with the oem part number for the long housing: 40201-881-700ZC
Not that that has helped me any yet. If anyone out there can send me contact info for a shop in your area that might help, PLEASE do.

fritzmerde

Seaman Apprentice

I've got an 84 BF75L that I used on a sailboat. My kids can't use it on their boats due to the 15" transoms. So I'm either building up the transom or jack plating it. Right now I have the power head off, because I'm in the process of rebuilding it. I haven't really examined the lower unit, & have just never had a problem with it-so it's been maintained. Anyway, their are a number of bf75ls in my neighborhood, I think that we all just saw the other guy with one, & they work well with any ragboat under 22'. I'll talk to a few neighbors & see what's available

dktool

Recruit

That would be great, let me know what you hear. Thanks !

fritzmerde

Seaman Apprentice

Just FYI,
I've been trying to get a hold of my neighbor David, he's got 2 bf75L. Anyway, still trying to get some info-most folks in my neighborhood are seasonal-but I'll keep putting out the word & I'll get back to you asap