Convert Honda 20hp to electric start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddypiggy

Recruit
Hello, I have a 2003 Honda 20hp manual start. I was having carb troubles so I ordered and received the auto. carb by mistake, so I thought why not convert over to an electric start. Can I do this? I think it should be fairly easy if I get the starter and a wiring kit, right? Does anyone have any experience with this matter. Happy Holidays...

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Convert Honda 20hp to electric start?

Honda has never been very helpfull with conversion kits.So consequently you will need to part this out by indivual parts .That means a new flywheel ,starter,harness,tiller handle,starter relay,etc,etc.Not a cheap conversion once you add it all up plus the labor to put it all together.Why do it with an engine this easy to pull over?

bigdaddypiggy

Recruit
Re: Convert Honda 20hp to electric start?

Well I thought if it wasn't too expensive it would be worth the effort as it would allow my wife to use our inflatable. It's just a bit too much for her to pull over. I priced out the parts and it's getting close to a thousand dollars to convert, so unless I can find some 2nd hand stuff I'll just let the idea go. Thanks for the reply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.