Honda 4 stroke 9.9 cannot get full throttle

dockholiday

Recruit
Hey guys new to the forum could use some help.

I have a 1999 Honda 9.9 four stroke I purchases with my sailboat used both seam to have been lightly used. The problem I was having before the tune up and after is the same. I cannot get full throttle and I keep getting black soot all over the engine as well as the boat from the idle exhaust port.

Took it in for a tune up the guy replaced the thermostat and plugs,fluids $250.00. I have the same problem. I took it back this fall after the guy had me run several carb cleaners through the fuel. No help. I called him the other day he said he is stumped seems to run fine in the tank.

I asked if he did a compression test he said no he did not have the right size fitting. This was after he said it may have a cracked ring. I asked as I am no expert would it not be blue smoke if it were burning oil? I also called honda over the summer they said it sounded like a carbureator problem too rich.

This machanic said there is no adjustments on this carb. This is a honda dealership I said to the machanic and you cannot do a compression check! You gotta be kidding me right. So now he is supposed to do the check.

Any sugestions I would greatly appreciate