Mid 80's 10HP Honda Hot Sink hook up

OCSportsman

Seaman
Can any one walk me through the proper procedure to capture hot water from a mid 80's 4 stroke 10 horse kicker for a hot sink? It appears my "Pee" water line comes straight out of the thermostat, which should be relatively hot, could anyone confirm this? I just purchsed the motor and haven't had time to run it for any length of time to test it out.

Thanks,
OC

OCSportsman

Seaman
Re: Mid 80's 10HP Honda Hot Sink hook up

Whats a hot sink??

A small sink at the transom where you run the warm/hot water (pee water) from your kicker to rinse knives, clean up cutting boards or warm up freezing hands when fishing in the winter. I know this isn't an issue in Florida, but in the Pacific NW it gets a little chilly :(

dtj

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Mid 80's 10HP Honda Hot Sink hook up

I would think the "indicator port" would be before the thermostat in order to show water flow before and after thermostat openning..............not familiar with your particular model so I am only guessing.

Since most are not familiar with "hot sinking", you may just have to run a short 10 minute test of your own engine to see if the "indicator port" water warms up after a short period of time..............Don in Redondo