1996 Honda 90 steering arm replacement

Hondanut

Recruit
I have a 1996 honda 90 and the steering arm is just about rusted through so i wont be able to re attatch my hydraulics. any hints tips or tricks on how to replace this peice?

Stewy Kerr

Recruit
Re: 1996 Honda 90 steering arm replacement

Hi Hondanut, I to have a 1996 BF90 with the steering arm heavily corroded and in need of replacement soon. I was told by a Honda mechanic that the powerhead needs to come off and the job will cost $1500 plus whatever else needs replacing. Looks to me though if you take the gearcase off then undo the circlip on the top of the gear selector shaft that goes through the steering arm the shaft should then pull out from the bottom. Then its just a matter of undoing the 2 nuts that attach the stering arm to the swivel bracket on the motor and diconnecting the arm from the forward end. The motor will need to be turned full lock one way then the other to get good access and will nedd to be supported somehow but I don't think the powerhead needs to come off. Think a replacement bracket will cost around $300 so might be worth a crack yourself. Let me know what you come up with. Cheers.