75 Horse 4 Stroke Honda Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

decker5484

Recruit
I have a 2001 75 Horse 4 Stroke Honda that is giving me problems. Whenever I am at 3/4 to full throttle for about 3 to 5 minutes an alarm goes off under the dash and the motor cuts out and idles. I took it in to a Honda dealer and they changed the water pump and impeller. He said the thermostat was opening up properly. I am still getting this alarm. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thoots

Recruit
Re: 75 Horse 4 Stroke Honda Alarm

Any luck with this? I'd suggest cleaning the fuel filter or possibly check the fuel line for airleaks. Please post back if you find any solution, I'm having similar problems with a Honda 75 '09

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 2001 75 Horse 4 Stroke Honda that is giving me problems. Whenever I am at 3/4 to full throttle for about 3 to 5 minutes an alarm goes off under the dash and the motor cuts out and idles. I took it in to a Honda dealer and they changed the water pump and impeller. He said the thermostat was opening up properly. I am still getting this alarm. Anyone have any suggestions?

Was the alarm siren on continuously or was it on-off? A steady 'beeeeeeeeeeeeee...' indicates a cooling water issue and a 'beep...beep...beep...' indicates a lubrication issue (if i remember correctly). If you had the steady tone, then your dealer did the prudent maintenance and perhaps your problem lies with the sensor.

Thoots

Recruit

A steady 'beeeeeeeeeeeeee...' indicates a cooling water issue and a 'beep...beep...beep...' indicates a lubrication issue

Where can I find these error codes?

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where can I find these error codes?

Was told about the beeps by a local certified Honda mechanic and have seen it corroborated by other Honda techs on this forum. Also experienced the continuous "beeee..." when the hub of my water pump impeller spun. Perhaps the explanations are also in the shop manual for your engine:

http://marine.honda.com/owners/manuals/shopmanuals

Honda brand controls and warning systems will also indicate the problem with lights and icons in addition to the audible alarm. See your owner's manual. Have you looked to see whether your green oil light goes out or your red overheat light comes on when the horn sounds-off? Fuel issues are not indicated by the warning system, so checking the fuel system in response to a warning system alarm is not warranted.

Thoots - Perhaps a more detailed report of your specific symptoms will allow others of this forum to help you diagnose your likely problem.

bgtruk21

Cadet

wondering if you figured it out. I just bought a boat and the guy told me to keep it at 3800 rpms. its a 75 hp honda, well being the first time out I tried to do that but the same thing, about 3/4 throttle for maybe just under 10 min. the engine went to idle and the alarm sounded untill I dropped the control to idle, if I put it back into gear it was okay, but anything over 1000 or so rpms the alarm would go off again.
I never shut the engine off and maybe after sitting for 30 seconds it would be fine for another 5 min.

when I got home I checked the oil and it has a steady pee.
would like to know if you figured it out, these 4 strokes are new to me.

thanks for any help

Amozick

Cadet
I am having the exact same issue. I changed water pump, temp sensor, fuel lines, fuel filter, priming bulb, engine oil and filter and still having the same issue as others stated above. Any ideas or did u find the problem? Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I am having the exact same issue. I changed water pump, temp sensor, fuel lines, fuel filter, priming bulb, engine oil and filter and still having the same issue as others stated above. Any ideas or did u find the problem? Thanks

You could try starting a thread of your own instead of shotgunning.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.