2002 honda 130 fourstroke power question

murfslaw57

Cadet
just bought a 2002 21 ft hurricane deck boat w/ a 130 honda. this is a 10 passenger boat and we only had 6 in it for the sea trial. i noticed it was hard to come up on plane without shifting weight. i talked to the dealer that sold it and he said when it was sold the 130 was the biggest honda at that time and it was a marginal motor for that boat. i asked about reproping the boat and he said what is on there is probably the right one. i dont have the boat at this time to chk the # and it appears to be the original aluminum prop. boat only has 50 hrs on it. does anyone have any suggestions on a better prop or altering the one on it ?

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2002 honda 130 fourstroke power question

What RPM are you getting at WOT? What speed? What prop: how many blades, stainless or aluminum, what diameter, what pitch?

I had a BF130 (same reason - largest Honda at that time) and it would get my 21' boat filled with the maximum of 10 people up on plane but it took a while. With just the normal load - total weight about 5500 lbs - it would get up on plane no problem. WOT RPM was 5700 and cruise on plane at 4600-4800.

Maybe you're not attaining the Honda specified 5000-6000 RPM at WOT? That's an indication you're overloading the motor and may be overpropped (hence the above questions).

murfslaw57

Cadet
Re: 2002 honda 130 fourstroke power question

just got back to computer. picking boat up tonight and will use first time this weekend and will chk all specs and will get back to u. thanks