Honda Starting Problem

Georgiajack

Recruit
I have a 2004 Honda BF150--I have been using it recently for short periods fishing. I went to the other evening and cranked it and let it run while I untied the boat from the dock. After a couple of minutes is shut off and would not restart. A few minutes later it cranked and I ran for a few minutes on plane and it shut off again and would not restart. Since then it has started briefly but shut down immediately and usually does not start at all. The motor was not running rough (spark plugs changed in 2007). Low side fuel filter does not look like trash, water filter looks OK. The spin on filter mounted beneath the engine on the transom has not been changed. There have been no alarms and never any problems with the motor (only 140 hours on motor). The beeps sound when the ignition switch is turned and it sounds like the fuel pump runs briefly. Any suggestions on what to check? The local Honda service source will take a month to even look at. Thanks.

Georgiajack

Recruit
Re: Honda Starting Problem

While waiting for service I changed the main fuel filter, checked the low side vapor separator, changed the low side fuel filter and changed the spark plugs. That seems to have fixed the problem.