Tohatsu M60C Throttle Cable Replacement

softedave

Recruit
Hi, I need to replaced my badly chaffed throttle cable on my Ocean 460 Rib. However, I have no idea how to remove the throttle cable from the control box. Do I have to remove the control box completely or are the cables available from the front.

Also the screws on the outside of the box are solid and corroded - any advice on how to remove these screws would also be appreciated.

Dave

Last edited:

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu M60C Throttle Cable Replacement

If you have a side-mount control (probably), you remove the 3 bolts that fasten it to the boat, and then open the lower compartment of the control where the cables terminate, unless the control is reverse-mounted. In that case, the lower compartment is accessible while the control is still mounted.

softedave

Recruit

Many thanks, I think I understand this correctly - remove the 3 boats that hold the complete structure to to the side of the consold then remove the back panel (item 37 in the diagram).
At the moment the panel is visible - is it essential to remove the whole control box from the boat?
ControlBox.jpg

pvanv

Admiral

If you have good access to panel 37 (and the internal compartment after you remove the panel), you should be fine.