Your two cents worth...2006 Tohatsu 25hp and 2004 Honda 40hp

Tensaw

Recruit
Hello fellow boaters...
I apologize in advance if I posted this message in the wrong place, but I couldn't find a place where I thought it would fit better or get to the best audience...if that makes sense. And I know this is not totally a repair/maintenance question per se...however, some may interpret parts of my post as such as I am looking for answers to a couple of questions and hoping for feedback and comments on people's experience with the 2004 Honda 4stroke 40hp. I know less than nothing, so anything you tell me will be a help...unless you tell me you have problems with it stalling and dying when you put it in gear or accelerate (which indicates to me that it is human error more than likely than a motor problem.) I know how to tend to my fuel and baby my carbs...I want to hear about REAL problems or great track records, whichever you can and will share, that you have had with the HOnda. Also, if anyone can tell me what a reasonable price to pay for said motor, in excellent condition, 5 out of 5 stars, showroom pretty, maybe 65 hours total on the motor, all power, with controls, battery, gas tank, stainless prop, etc. A guesstimate??

The other question is also a pricing question. What is a reasonable price to list a 2006 Tohatsu 25A, 4 stroke, carbs, not fuel injected, all power, controls, and everything, also in near perfect condition--only demerit is it just simply isn't brand new, but it runs like it is, and looks almost as such. Very low hours, shop maintained? Any ideas?

I am in lower Alabama, the land of Milk and Honey, Mercury and Evinrude...and the occasional Yamaha....

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Your two cents worth...2006 Tohatsu 25hp and 2004 Honda 40hp

The thing about used OB's is that age plays a very small component of the value. Condition is the biggie (salt water vs fresh water, etc.) As for actual dollar amount... it depends... a used motor is only worth what the buyer and seller will agree on... on that particular day. There is a NADA price guide as a rough start.