Honda BF25 Sluggish throttle response from idle

millem23

Recruit
Hi everyone - I have a 2003 Honda BF25 tiller. The motor starts well and idles well. However, even after it is well warmed up, whenever I try to accelerate from idle up to speed the motor gets sluggish and stutters. So, I back off the throttle and slowly baby it until I get up to speed. Once it gets up to speed it runs great. Basically, I can't snap the throttle without it coughing and choking. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Lundman77

Recruit
Re: Honda BF25 Sluggish throttle response from idle

My 2000 BF50 tiller does the exact same thing. I have tried a new fuel filter, plugs, non oxy. fuel and it still does it. Did you ever fix yours if so how ? I would be very greatful to know how. Thanks, Josh

zeca

Recruit

Hi, the engine problem is (can be) related with carburettor air circulation, as you may now the carburettor only delivery out the mixtuere air/gasoline if some air can go inside the carburetor. check two parts: near the carburetors there is a air pump actued by rods from aceleration rod, in the same line there is a one way valve (small round part brown or gray) these should only let air pass in one way, the carburetor way. in the same line check if the tubes are all connected to the carburetors.
Zeca

Lundman77

Recruit

Thanks for the response. I checked the carbs everything looks good there. As I was running the motor today I noticed fuel dripping from the fuel pump. I am assuming there is a leak somewhere on it. I am going to replace it tomorrow and see if that does the trick. Thanks, Josh

Lundman77

Recruit

I replaced the fuel pump today. It is no longer dripping gas. It is still very sluggish. It idles down ok but if I go from a idle to cranking on the gas it bogs down and then dies. I am running out of ideas. Any help would be awesome. Thanks, Josh