spark plug mfs 5b 5hp 4stroke tohatsu.

matmar6974

Cadet
Hi everybody.Really you are amazing.I mean this.I'm from greece and my english is poor.Please if you can help, i have some questions. My motor wearing ngk dcpr6 . Is denso ixu22 or ngk DCPR7EIX OR OTHER better spark plug iridium for tohatsu mfs 5hp 4stroke? Also,Is a good move to replace spark plug wire with a better/best quality?Can i load 100 octane gas without problems? Must i push just a little bit the choke to close little the air inside for more power? All these together will give me some more power ? Thanks and....sorry for all these questions..

pvanv

Admiral
Re: spark plug mfs 5b 5hp 4stroke tohatsu.

Best to stick with the DCPR6E plug for proper heat range and flame front propagation. The stock plug wire is very good quality; Don't go to solid copper, or electronic "ringing" will occur, as well as RF interference to nearly units, possibly even your motor's CD unit. 100 Research octane is probably less than 90 Motor octane, so no big deal. 87 (R+M)/2 Octane is fine. More won't hurt, but is a waste of money. To add 20% more power, change up to the 6 hp carb.