2000 Honda 15hp outboard. 4 Stroke,gas in oil

Ron T

Recruit
After about 2 weeks of trolling 4 hrs ea. day gas begins to enter oil and spit oil out of the breather tube. If I drain the oil and refill, install new plugs the motor runs fine for another 2 weeks. What might be the cause? Honda dealer said the crank was out of adjustment and another said, that has nothing to do with it.

Anyone else have this problem before?
Ron T

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 2000 Honda 15hp outboard. 4 Stroke,gas in oil

Go to the Engine FAQs Forum ^^, Ron. Read the article on 4 strokes "making oil".

Good luck. :)

Ron T

Recruit

Thanks for the info.
Ron

gss036

Commander

You just need to run the engine at higher RPM for a few minutes when you get done trolling, this will get the oil hot enough to dissipate the moisture. I have trolled 4 strokes for a about 20 years now and that is all it takes.

Ron T

Recruit

Thanks Commander, hope that works. I have from time to time done that while trolling to clear the plugs but not all of the time.
Ron

Ron T

Recruit

You just need to run the engine at higher RPM for a few minutes when you get done trolling, this will get the oil hot enough to dissipate the moisture. I have trolled 4 strokes for a about 20 years now and that is all it takes.

I did that after trolling another time and most all of the oil blew out the carburetor thru the breather tube I did notice spots of oil on the water just before I ran it up.