Tohatsu Starter M 25 C

zbitner82

Cadet
I have a Tohatsu 25 HP outboard motor. It is a tiller and it had a starter on it at one time. The bracket is there next to the fly wheel. I have been pull starting it, but it is a LONG pull and will wear you out fast if you are starting it on those cold mornings before a duck hunt! Any ideas what starters fit it?? How much am I looking at spending? Any info would be great! I am not sure of the year. I think it is a mid 80's. The numbers on the motor are as follows.

M 25 C
372 71829

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu Starter M 25 C

There's a lot more to an electric start conversion than just the starter motor. If your motor was originally electric start, and the starter was just removed, you could replace it, at a price, 346760100M STARTER MOTOR $324.88, but the mere existence of the bracket does not mean that you used to be electric. You also need the neutral safety bits and the starter switch, etc.

Better choice would be to find out why you aren't starting by at least the 3rd pull. Diagnostics and testing and a good tune-up should have you starting easily on the rope.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tohatsu Starter M 25 C

Tohatsu's 25/30 are better turned on by temperature, there are 3 procedures, all are supposed to work well. We only use first two. Maybe third will work better with your current low temperature. Fine tune your engine too for quicker morning starts.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• Starting Procedures.JPG
    Starting Procedures.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 0