HOnda BF50D Power trim squeeking

Speedyswede

Recruit
I have a two year old Honda BF50D. Fantastic motor! Easy to start, runs smooth, idles perfect and so on :) But already the first season it appeared an anoying thing. There is a squeeking noise from the power trim unit. It is when you are tilting down the motor. And only on the slow part. Sometimes it can appear on the other parts of the tilting (up/down slow/fast). But always on slow down. And it is from the hydraulic unit, not from some joint or similar.
It has no leaks. The oil level is ok, and the oil looks good. I have also done the on boat bleeding process several times. What can this be?? :confused:

By the way, I asked also my dealer. But he responded: "I have no idea. These motors never fail".

Re: HOnda BF50D Power trim squeeking

Does it squeak when the engine contacts the frame? Put a little grease between the parts that come together at the bottom of the tilt travel. My 50 seems to be just a tad out of alignment and gets pushed into alignment when the tilt meets the trim, so to speak. It might be the two parts sliding against each other and what you hear is the result of friction between the parts.

Put a dab of grease there just to make sure your problem has to do with the hydraulics.