Honda 50 fuel in Oil.

canboater

Cadet
After 2 hrs of running my Honda 50hp is getting fuel in oil.Dipstick tube over flowing. I replaced the fuel pump thinking for sure it was that. But still happening. The engine runs great. Any thoughts?

canboater

Cadet
Re: Honda 50 fuel in Oil.

Still having a problem with this. Anybody have any ideas. The engine seems to run fine. After a long day of running the oil level is up and its definitley gas.

canboater

Cadet

I have been told that a stuck thermostat can also cause this problem. Thinking that may be my next route.

KC4YIN

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes. Check your thermostat. Better yet go ahead and replace it. Is this a salt water motor? I have a 2004 Yamaha 150 4 stroke with the same problem. Changing the thermostat helped a lot. Also be sure you are not over propped and lugging the engine. Do you do a lot of trolling. Search these threads. There is a LOT of information on this issue.

canboater

Cadet

I use the boat in fresh water,fishing mostly. 17' Lowe aluminium. Thanks for the reply.

gss036

Commander

Have you checked your float level on the carb? If it is allowing more gas than is need, then it will flow past the rings into the oil. What does your plugs look like?

Vanover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

seems like it would be a rich fuel condtion with some bad rings. There are only a few places fuel can get to the oil. has to be in the clyinder bore. is it a 2 or 4 stroke? have you done a compresion test?. You said it runs great,are you the org. onwer. Maybe it can run a lot better. compresion should be within a couple pounds of each other. I am assuming an o/b. Keep me posted.

Vanover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

didn't see the dipstick part. 4 stroke, fuel or rings.