Which Nissan manual??

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
OK, time to manual-up...
2005 Nissan 40 HP Remote ....

Have a couple of small E/rudes and ended up getting the OMC manual after watching a few posts dumping on all the aftermarket ones....SELOC etc.

How are the Nissan service manual for legibility? Or in this case are there SELOC type options that might be better.
If SELOC manuals are OK, I can just grab one from iboats store.

The only reason I am nervous of the OEM manual. is that I had a manufacturers service manual for a Yamaha motorcycle but it was like reading that well-known Dave Barry item on foreign instructions....:

INSTRUCTIONS: For results that can be the finest, it is our advising that: NEVER to hold these buttons two times!! Except the battery. Next taking the (something) earth section may cause a large occurrence! However. If this is not a trouble, such rotation is a very maintenance action, as a kindly (something) viewpoint from Drawing B.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Which Nissan manual??

Up until about four years ago the 40D/50D manual was...Less than perfect. Today it's a decent manual that was designed for consumers to use rather than for a tech with an existing knowledge base. The 40 TILDI manuals have always been pretty decent.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

So your opinion is that they are better than any aftermarket one?
Are they available online?

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

What I am finding online appears to be a 200 page + , several model coverage, OEM manual.

There is a Tohatsu manual (available online and will ship to Canada) that covers 3 and 4 cylinder 2-strokes....for $40-.
I have been told that the motors are identical mechanically.

Is this true? If so, I am certainly not bothered by having a Nissan O/B and Tohatsu branded manual..:)

pvanv

Admiral

What is your model? Year of manufacture is unimportant, but model is critical. The Factory manual is the way to go.

Nissan is a Tohatsu at extra price -- identical except decals. Do you have a 40D (carb) or a 40B TLDI (injected)?

The manual for the 40D (covers 3 and 4 cylinder motors) is Part # 003-21036-1, List Price (MSRP): $42.47.

The manual for the NSD40B and NSD50B (TLDI) is Part # 003N210502, List Price (MSRP): $26.52

They are available from any Tohatsu/Nissan dealer, including me.

rogerwa

Commander

Tim, I have the Tohatsu 3 and 4 cylinder 2 stroke manual and I will say it is pretty good. I think it would be better than any aftermarket manual. Although I also have the Nissan 90A specific manual and there are a few detail differences for the same model, so I follow the model specific manual. I would go for the Tohatsu manual if you cannot find the model specific oem version. That is if you are dealing with a 2-stroke..

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Thanks for all the responses.
Mine is a 40D and I ordered the Tohatsu manual as listed above.
"The manual for the 40D (covers 3 and 4 cylinder motors) is Part # 003-21036-1, List Price (MSRP): $42.47"