Honda fuel line connectors???

Tronald

Seaman
I went to the local Honda store to purchase a set of fuel line connectors for a new fuel tank and hose (BF8A outboard) and the guy told me that I had to buy the 2 connector kit (male and female) and it was quite expensive. The old ones look like OMC, but I'm not real sure. My questions are: Are they interchangable with OMC and why did Honda make this connector change?

Best regards,

Tronald

SteveRoss

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Honda fuel line connectors???

Hi Tronald...

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that if all you need is connectors for a new fuel tank, that most any brand/type/make/color, etc. would work. I'd check WalMart first for whatever tank fitting fits your existing fuel line fitting. As long as whatever you go with will fit or mate properly with the existing fuel line, it should be able to carry the required volume and flow rate required by your engine. I usually shy away from the local marine supply store as most everything there is more expensive !!

I have a Honda 15Hp, 4-stroke, and the fuel fittings are a little expensive... about $25 each. Way too much for a little piece of plastic and metal !!