Honda 40hp tilt warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilitopper

Recruit
Hi-
I just bought a used Honda 40hp for my pontoon. One problem I have is the warning buzzer going off when the tilt is too high. I have to go about a 1/2 mile through a shallow channel quite a lot and need to tilt the motor up for the trip.
Has anyone traced the wire and disabled the tilt warning? I don't want to damage anything, but I don't need a buzzer to know that the tilt is up either:)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tig

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Honda 40hp tilt warning

Are you certain it's a tilt warning and not a temperature, oil or cooling system warning?

Chilitopper

Recruit

Yes I'm sure. The intermitent buzzer starts when I tilt up past a certain point and stops when I let it down.

Chilitopper

Recruit

Also, I'm running the motor through the channel with the props just under the surface. Any other ideas? My thinking is to try to find the wire to the warning buzzer and disconnect. Has anyone done that?

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

Yes alot of people have done that.Find the rectangular box near the bottom sparkplug and dissconnect the ground to that unit or just unplug the sending unit if you are not useing it.

Chilitopper

Recruit

Thanks Lieutenant, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm not near the motor now, but I'll try it next time at the lake. I'm clear which connection is the sending unit though.

Thanks again.

Chilitopper

Recruit

Hi

I found the rectangular box below the bottom spark plug, but there are about 2 sets of 6-8 wires and I don't know which one is the ground. Any idea from someone who may have done this?

Thanks

doug1947

Recruit
Sim problem with my 40 hp, am just about ready to get out the side cutters. With mine at full down trim, that's where the boat seems to run best there is a constant beep, beep, in the back ground there is also the sound of my wife screaming can't you shut that dam thing off?? With 3 quick jabs at the UP button it stops, but the boat slows also. Can anyone tell me which wire is the correct to disconnect/cut?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sim problem with my 40 hp, am just about ready to get out the side cutters. With mine at full down trim, that's where the boat seems to run best there is a constant beep, beep, in the back ground there is also the sound of my wife screaming can't you shut that dam thing off?? With 3 quick jabs at the UP button it stops, but the boat slows also. Can anyone tell me which wire is the correct to disconnect/cut?

If you start a new thread instead of replying to a 7 year old thread, you may get an answer. Read the Help Tip on top of the page.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.