Honda 50HP outboard will not stop running

MrFreeze

Recruit
Hello All,

I am new to the forum.

I have a 2002 Honda BF50A Outboard in a Aqua Patio pontoon. Yesterday I had no power to the motor when I turned the key. I found that the main fuse was blown, I replaced it and it was working fine today. I took it out for one last spin and when I went to turn it off, it would not stop running. I tried turning it off with the key and the emerency stop switch.

Any ideas?

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Honda 50HP outboard will not stop running

You likley have an open circuit at the black /yellow wire somewhere in that harness and since you had starting issues ,a good place to begin is the main harness plug.Please remember that these thing do not turn off by denying voltage ,but by grounding out that ignition.Unplug the big green or black connector at the engine and look for any green or corroded pins on either side of that plug.Move forward and do the same everywhere else.

MrFreeze

Recruit
Re: Honda 50HP outboard will not stop running

Thank you Hondon. I will pull the motor cover off and search around the areas that you described and see what I can find. Maybe this is the cause of the main fuse blowing. I will let you know what I find.