Nissan power pack

BURNSY23

Seaman
My power pack measures 5 by 1 3/4 by 1 1/4, does anyone know anything about this part?? thanks, curtis.

BURNSY23

Seaman
Re: Nissan power pack

guru, do you know which one will work with my 12hp? theres alot of them lol. Also in any way does the size of my module indicate the age of my motor in anyway? I have a couple pics of the part, can you help me by looking at my part and matching it with one of the ones on that website you gave me?? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0

BURNSY23

Seaman

what does 12 c mean guru, 12 hp i guess but the c? and will it work for my motor seeing its very old? is my module an unusual size? thanks.

pvanv

Admiral

The 12 is in fact obsolete, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad... All the smaller new motors are 4-strokes today, for example.

In order to properly troubleshoot the ignition, it would be a good idea to test components to verify which part may actually have failed. Just swapping in a CD module may not fix a problem, if for example, the problem is under the flywheel.

BURNSY23

Seaman

everything under the flywheel is good and clean, all connected well, no cut or torn wires. I get power right at initial start up then its gone in a split second, the meter goes up, stayes for a sec then drops to nothing. Also the cd has definitly overheated right i mean it has bubbles on the back and a couple bubbles acually have small holes, melted right through the back of the cd.

pvanv

Admiral

Since the exciter and trigger are NLA, I would ohm-test them to verify beyond a shadow of a doubt that the CD is the faulty bit before ordering a new CD. The test procedures and values are in the Factory service manual.