Honda BF150 Milky Oil / Loss of power

johnmcdonaljr

Recruit
I recently acquired a used 2007 Honda BF150. I know the previous owner and he said his last trip out he had ran the engine for about an hour fine, shut the motor, tried to start it again and it wouldnt start. After sitting anchored for 2 hours he finally got the motor started and limped to the ramp. He also said there was a sever loss of power on his ride back to the ramp. Got the boat home and could not start the motor for flush. There it sat.
Now he said it never overheated but now I have the motor and the oil is milky.
The oil is barely above the oil high line on the dipstick, compression tested good, The block, head, and head gasket looks good. The only thing I can think of is that the bottom crankcase gasket looks damaged and somehow sucked water up in the oil. But how does that explain the loss of power?

Please help! I'm pulling the drive off today to inspect further. I will try and start motor afterwards. Will keep yall posted. Here are some pics.
boat crankcase gasket 1.jpg
boat crankcase gasket.jpg

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Honda BF150 Milky Oil / Loss of power

That little seal will have nothing to do with water entering the crankcase .Do a general health check on this engine including compression,valve adjustment and a very scrutinous fuel sample.

johnmcdonaljr

Recruit
Re: Honda BF150 Milky Oil / Loss of power

Thanks Hondon, I'll check the compression again. I wonder how the fuel or valves would cause water in the oil. I pulled the crankcase earlier and resealed. Nothing wrong there. You were right.