honda 115 efi running problems

benzico

Cadet
hello all, i have a 2006 115hp fuel injected honda outboard. the engine will start well and idle smoothly, after idling for 5 mins i motor out from the dock and accelerate , the motor picks up smoothly and runs good,however after a few short deceleration/acceleration runs the engine starts to miss and eventually will cough alittle and stall unless i ease back on the throttle. i then have to limp back to the dock, the motor will now have a rough idle whereas before the idle was smooth. my thoughts -it seems that when the motor is warmed up it starts having problems ,is there a sensor that adjusts the timing as the motor heats up? or a fuel problem that becomes apparent after 5 mins. i have new fuel lines,filter,bulb and clean fuel. how do i check the injector fuel rail pressure? thanks for any input ben:confused:

benzico

Cadet
Re: honda 115 efi running problems

have done a compression check and all cylinders @160, i fitted an aftermarket in fuel filter so i could see if any air was coming into the fuel system,after priming the bulb the filter fills up but when i run the engine @idle the filter half empties and if i raise the rpm the filter level drops more, is this normal or should the filter remain full when running? please help!

benzico

Cadet

sorted, blocked screen,hp filter and crud in the vst. seemed the vst would fill up during idle but couldnt get enough fuel thru when running above 2k.:)

Screamin

Recruit

Did you find a fix? I am having the same problem....