Tohatsu 50HP Tiller- converting 5/16" fuel line to 3/8"?

MarkNY

Seaman Apprentice
hi, i have a tohatsu 50hp tiller outboard which has a 5/16" fuel line. id like to convert it to 3/8" as i have placed the tank in the bow creating an approx. 17foot run to the motor. i have found all the 3/8" connectors that i need except for the engine side connector. it appears that tohatsu doesnt offer anything in 3/8" and moeller doesnt have a 3/8" engine side connector. i have found a 5/16" to 3/8" hose mender that i was considering using. i thought id use that connector 1 foot from the motor making the last foot of fuel line 5/16" with a 5/16" engine connector on the end. will this work? any suggestions? thanks alot, mark

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu 50HP Tiller- converting 5/16" fuel line to 3/8"?

In my experience, the Factory connectors are actually an in-between size... a little "fat" for 5/16, and a little "slim" for 3/8, but work fine with either. I use 3/8" Type A-1 hose in my multiple-tank/fuel valve manifold/water separator setup. No problems. I would run the Factory connector on 3/8. OR, if the 3/8 hose seems too sloppy on the connector, just run 5/16 hose for the last segment, from the water separator to the motor.