Help,Honda B100,RPM Problem

Murp

Cadet
I Brought a Honda B100-sireal #B100L-17046884,with less then 40hr on it,motor looks new,motor was stored for some years,got motor home,Replace Fuel, Fuel Line,Primer Ball, and Fuel Tank, Spark Plugs,Motor Oil,Lower Oil,in line filter,motor would Start with half Choke,but Idle rough and shut off,Removed Carb,check float measurements good,needle valve look good,Blew Carb out using compress air,Removed Fuel Pump and worked Pump by hand,look to pump the fuel thru good,Put motor on Boat, now the motor Starts with 1 or 2 Pull?s Idles Just right,But when put In gear motor will only go a little above Idle rpm?s maybe 1500rpm max,Pushing a light14ft Alum Boat 5mph, other then the Throttle screw the carb only had one Pilot screw for any Adjustments,Please HELP

intrepidvoyager

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help,Honda B100,RPM Problem

sounds like you got some of the dead fuel glaze out of the carb but not all ....the mixer jet ..... thats the main jet is hard to get clean if the engine has been sitting fora long time ....you have to take the carb completly apart and soak in carb cleaner then blow out with carb cleaner that has little red tube ....air tends to ppush stuff around .....sometimes I have to use a whole can of carb cleaner .....use the tube to spray in all the holes and make sure fuel comes out other end .....just follow the drilled chanels in the carb....if the problem gets better ...do it again .....if the second cleanout shows no improvement get a new carb ... however if you can get the engine running to 3/4 throttle ...then get a new fuel pump .

Good Luck ...............intrepidvoyager ...... 40 years at Toad Hall;)

Murp

Cadet

Thanks, intrepid voyager,that?s just what I did this wkend,there were 3 holes for air the size of a Pin in the Throat of the Carb that needed to be open, soak the carb and then blow it out with Gunk Carb and Choke Cleaner,about 3 times,I have the motor in a tank started on the First pull,Put it in forward at Idle then worked up to full Throttle with No Problem, in the Tank starts 1 Pull and Purrs,,,will see this wkend,on the Boat

Jeremy'shonda

Recruit

Hello gentlemen, I just purchased the honda b100L 4 stroke. It has not been run in a long time. Though the motor is super clean and everything seems to be in order. I runs good, but I can't get it up to full throttle. I have it on a 14' alum boat. I have notice that when I am trying to drive full throttle and I keep squeezing the primer ball, I get allot more rpm's out of it. Maybe it is the inline fuel filter? Maybe it is the fuel pump? Maybe I need to take the carb apart and clean and soak it? Someone please advise. I have only worked on 2 stroke johnson/evinrude's.