2005 honda 130 hp

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 2005 honda 130 hp

Is this thing on an engine stand?Hanging on the boat?Still in a crate?Getting bumped around on a pallet?What?Whatever the circumstances,you will need to get the engine vertical, fill the crankcase with the proper amount of motor oil.Check the gearoil level.You will then need a harness and fuel source and water to the water pickups.Do all that and you are likely ready to run.

stevensmithnc

Seaman

Sorry or the lack of detail. I got this engine by chance....Actually I have 3 of them. I have a friend that works at a scrap metal yard and the coast guard brought the engines there. Supposedly they run the engines for so many hours then they take them off and replace them with new ones. So the scrap yard bought the engines for 10 cents a pound and called me up and I paid 10 cents a pound back to the scrap metal place.....So for 150 dollars I have 3 of them. The engine is on a stand and I think it is complete other than the harness that goes to the keys and guages. I am pretty good with the 2 strokes and pretty good with cars so i think i can figure this out. I want to start it before i invest in a harness. Im sure all i need to do is provide 12V to a couple places right? Well that and provide gas. I want to fire it up that way just by jumping the starter. Where do i need to provide the power to crank it up?(It has the battery cables)

billshef

Recruit

What a deal!. I'm well versed on Honda 130's
If I can help PM me. Where are you located?
Bill Sheffield