Honda BF225 Exhaust Port Rust Stains

Primalurges

Cadet
Hi all,

I have twin 225s and after recently completing a 450 mile round trip over a few days and noticed and amber/rust colored stain coming from the exhaust ports of my starboard engine. The engines ran flawlessly in a trip that took about 7 hours each way. Is something serious happening to that engine or is this just regular wear and tear. The engines are 2003s and the paint below the exhaust ports on both engines have gotten dull over the years. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

gss036

Commander
Re: Honda BF225 Exhaust Port Rust Stains

Can't help you out there but I will definitely follow this post. I only have a little over 50 hours on my 225, but plan a lot more starting in July.

MIKENVAHBEACH

Petty Officer 3rd Class

When I run long distances like to the Canyons I get that sooty amber exhaust stain but it cleans up pretty good, I always assumed it was normal my old Yammy did the same thing.

Primalurges

Cadet

When I run long distances like to the Canyons I get that sooty amber exhaust stain but it cleans up pretty good, I always assumed it was normal my old Yammy did the same thing.

Good to hear, that describes what I'm seeing and it also showed up after a very long run.