Honda 15 HP 4 stroke; water fills up in lower

gstep

Recruit
Not sure how to explain this, when I started my engine this year to get it ready I noticed that the lower engine housing started filling with water.

The engine seems to run fine, the oil doesn't have water in it near as i can tell. No foam.

I'm pretty sure something is wrong I'm thinking water pump, but I'm not familiar with these types of things at all. Although I have fixed pumps and such on car engines.

Anyone know what this is and how to go about fixing it also what kind of skill level is this... ?

gss036

Commander
Re: Honda 15 HP 4 stroke; water fills up in lower

Run it with the engine cover off and see where the water is coming from and then go from there, maybe a hose broke or cracked. The thermostat is on the upper port (left) side of the engine and I think it is the only thing with a water hose inside the cowling, if that is where you are talking about.

gstep

Recruit

Water squirts out the tell tail. But towards the back (prop side) of the engine at the base water is squirting out some place down there.

gstep

Recruit

So how do you get the cowling off so I can get a better look at the base of this engine where it seems to be leaking...?

I see 4 bolts around it from the outside bolted up.. but there are several other things that seem kind of complicated...

gstep

Recruit
What year is it?

What year is it?

anyone know how to determine the model year of a honda it's a 15 HP
BAAL 110053 I think around 93 is it's year.

gss036

Commander

Not really, but that sounds about right, my old Honda was a 1997. If the engine was used in saltwater all the time, they do have a way of corrosion taking out the bottom seal and housing as well.