Nissan NS70A2 power trim/tilt inop

swarkfish

Recruit
when I try and tilt my Nissan 70hp motor up or down all i get is a clicking sound from the celenoids. The tilt motor is not even trying to work. Granted the boat has been sitting unused for a while but everything else still works. Any help appreciated.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Nissan NS70A2 power trim/tilt inop

Loose connection, bad trim motor or bad trim relays.

swarkfish

Recruit

Ok.. I have come to grits that my trim motor is shot. I have tried everything else. I have also tried to locate a new/used/reman'd motor to replace mine but I have had no luck what so ever. Does anybody know where I can get one. I was informed that Nissan does not make them anymore.

slats101

Recruit

swarkfish, I have a NS70A2 that I am now going to part out. It's a great motor, except for NO WATER PUMP impeller available. Tilt and trim work well, just don't have the tilt/trim gauge. Lost it somewhere. It's painted taupe to match my boat color, but you could repaint it. I will test it again now that the motor is unrigged on the boat and let you know. If you are interested, we can discuss a cost, and shipping. Do you want all of the mechanism? Motor, piston, bracketry, resovoir, lines, ect? I just de-carbonized the head, pistons, changed trans fluid, rebuilt/cleaned carbs, new plugs, ect, but no impellers are available, and the cost of machine work on a bushing to fit a retro Mercury or Chrysler impeller is prohibitive. I was going to have a brass bushing turned, and knurled that matched the Nissan specs, and have it press fit into the new impeller, but machining was costly. So, I have a parts motor now. For the lack of a twenty five dollar piece of rubber! And I have (except for impeller) kept this one maintained. My prior planning for maintnence was lacking. I should have bought two spares and thought ahead better. Anyway, let me know.

adam lyons

Recruit

Hi, i'm interested in your nissan trim and tilt assembly sans the gauge. Are you willing to part with it.
adam lyons

pow

Recruit

There is a gentleman in Florida making the impeller. I have one on mine and it works perfect so o bought two more..I think they are like 80 or 90 bucks a piece but beats scrapping a perfect running motor.