Honda 50 hp alarm beeping

leoss

Recruit
My flats boat has a newer, 90 or so hours, Honda 50hp outboard. Well today, after it sitting for about 3 or so months, I turn her on to make sure everything is working properly before my fishing trip this weekend.
Well I get a beeping, and thought it was the oil pressure/oil level. Checked, double checked, and everything with the oil, including levels were fine. Then I found this site and read about the tilt sensor causing the alarm to beep for many owners. I went back out and started her up, put the tilt all the way down and the beeping stopped. Only problem is that it beeps unless I have the tilt almost all the way down, and I mean darn near all the way. Can someone please offer some advise on what I should/can do to solve this problem?
How can I change out the sensor (links/instructions please)
Can I simply disengage the sensor so that I can do some fishing this weekend and then simply repair/replace it at a later date (again, links/instructions please)?
Any ideas/suggestions/concerns please post.
Thanks in advance,
LeoSS

leoss

Recruit
Re: Honda 50 hp alarm beeping

Well I figured it out and unhooked the sensor. Bad news is the alarm is still beeping. According to sites and my readings, it is something to do with oil, losing oil pressure, motor not getting oil, or something of the sort. Im just confused because the beeping stops when the tilt is all the way down.

If anyone has some information they could pass on please...Im completely lost.

OBMD

Seaman Apprentice

What year is "newer"? Try this...Remove the motor cowling, look for the connector bracket where all the male female bullett connectors live. Ground the light green/black female connector. This should eliminate the warning buzzer.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

That is you,re tilt alarm and they can fail for a few different reasons.A sticky or broken trim sender can do it.The sender relay box can fail and somewhat frequently do,BUT ,that will usually give you that horn all the time.An annoying little comfort item that Honda recently did away with.