honda 25 hp 4 stroke

knot@work

Recruit
Hey there, I have a honda 25 hp outboard 4 stroke, I hooked it to the garden hose and its not peeing out the hole, what steps should I take prior to replacing the impeller?

Thanks

marquette

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: honda 25 hp 4 stroke

take a small piece of wire and check to make sure the nozzle of the pee hole is not plugged. mine did the same thing and i replaced the impeller before i found a small rock plugging the pee hole. you can also follow the rubber line from the pee hole back to where it pluggs on to the block and pull it off. if the water pump is working it will shoot water about 10 ft and fill your tool box with water before you can get it shut off. your looking at about 20 seconds to put about 3 in of water in a 20"x8" tool box to be about the right output. of course that depends on how many tools in the box inversely proportional to the distance around the boat to the console. speed, reaction time and comments by your wife will also affect water depth.
changing the impeller is a fairly simple job and will only take about an hour. use something to mark the adjustment nut on the shift linkage or count the number of turns when taking it off to get back on close to adjustment to save some time. if the motor is permanantly mounted to the boat having a second person or a floor jack to help lift the lower unit on and off would be helpful.