15 horse honda motor stalls while idle

enoi

Recruit
my 15 horse honda motor stalls when its is in idle (in and out of gear). i have to give it gas to keep it running. any idea why this would be happening?

gss036

Commander
Re: 15 horse honda motor stalls while idle

Fuel issue, add some SeaFoam to your gas. Start out double the rate of what is reccomended, then go to reccommended amount. What I did last month, after draining the carb, was take the fuel line loose where it comes out of the fuel pump, put straight carb cleaner in the line, reconnect and then prime the engine, let it sit a few minutes to soak and then start the engine on muffs and hopefully it will run better.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

It may be as simple as the idle is set way to slow .When is the last time anyone did anything to this engine?Is this something new?How much water in that fuel?

enoi

Recruit

the motor has been running great until i moved up to northern fl. it got no love from the water (except the hose water) until a few month later then it started to do this stalling. I did cange the fuel and started new and fresh. it didnt work but im gonna try out the seafoam and see what that does.
Thanks for the info.