Nissan NS55B Power Trim

JustCasting

Cadet
I have been running this boat most of the summer with no issues. The other night the Power Trim unit stopped working. I was able to use the Manual Release to get it back onto the trailer.

Anyway i located the 2 Solenoids on the motor and way woundering if there is an easy way to determine using a volt meter if they are defective or if it is the Pump?

JustCasting

Cadet
Re: Nissan NS55B Power Trim

Did a little more trouble shooting today.

I by passed the trim Up/Down toggle switch with a jumper wire in the Up direction. I read 12V on the lower terminal and ground. I did the same thing with the down position and read 12v at that solenoid?

I use a heavy jumper to short the 2 red wires going into the Solenoid. The Engine went up and down so i think the pump is ok.?

When testing the Soenoids I did not hear any mechanical nosie when they where charged with 12 V. Not sure if you would ussaly hear then click on and off?

I have a hard time believing that both Solenoids went at one.

Is it possible I have a bad ground, fuse, or battery charge is too low to engage the soleniod?

The battery was strong enough to start the motor.

Maybe there is an issue with anouther sensor?

JustCasting

Cadet

Did a little more trouble shooting.

Ran 2 new wires from the battery to the 12V trigger posts on the Solenoid. Still no go on Solenoid activation.

all is pointing to the Solenoid.

Confused:
Still do not understand how both solenoids went at once?

JustCasting

Cadet

I replaced the Up and Down Soliniod. I now can get the drive to trim up and down. Unfortunatly it is very slow on the up and then when I stop the pump it does not stay where it is.

I had to release the manual release screw to originaly get it up and out of the water. Do I need to bleed the line or do something to restore line pressure?

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The solenoid replacement would not have effected the lines. But, they should be bled as the first step in determining why the engine will not stay in the up position. Hopefully (for you) it's just air in the line. Hopefully(for your dealer) a seal has failed on the ram....Big bucks.