Nissan 8B 2001 Water Pump problem?

BassFishing

Recruit
I have a Nissan outboard motor 8HP 2001 model. Recently my outboard motor was submerged in water on a boating trip. I got it to start OK but I noticed there is no water coming out of cooling water port. I checked the owner manual and it did not have anything on how to check or to replace the water pump/impeller. Can someone please show how to check for it and how to replace it if needs to. Thanks for your help.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Nissan 8B 2001 Water Pump problem?

Take it into a dealer (My personal favorite)....Or, get a service manual that tells you how to do it....Or, you can remove the four bolts that hold the lower unit on, drive out the roll pin in the shift coupler and drop the lower unit. The water pump is visible at that point.

BassFishing

Recruit

Thanks Elvin. I searched on iboats marine store and it seems that they don't have the Nissan 2001 service manual. I searched at other book stores and the closest one that they have is the Nissan service manual for 3.5-40hp but only up to yr 2000. Do you know where I can get the 2001 manual? Or does it really matter? Thanks

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The latest manual out fom Tohatsu can be purchased from any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer. But, the standard Clymer manual isn't that bad on on the 18 hp's and below so I'm sure you can get by with one of those.