Looking for water pump housing for Nissan NS50C

SARA

Recruit
I need part #35365-0162M for my Nissan outboard. That part is no longer available. Any suggestions as to where to finnd it? I've been searching salvage sights.

chevyjet

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Looking for water pump housing for Nissan NS50C

Have you tried ebay? There can be all kinds of good stuff to be found! How about adapting a newer part? You might have a parts guy that is a real dummy too and the part number is just changed but not the part.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

One of the things I don't like about Tohatsu and something they can be justifiably criticized for, is their lack of foresight in stockpiling parts for old model engines. Japanese manufacturers sub contract out the production of many parts and do not have full control over their own supply chain. Unfortunately this housing is one of those parts that is no longer available and has no known substitute.

lots of boats

Petty Officer 2nd Class

One of the ways to find old parts, before the price of recyled outboard aluminum scrap went up, was the outboard recyle part of some dealerships. For instance there was a place in Vancouve BC called MP Marine, that keep some old mercury motor parts. There is a famous place in Alberta, called snowmobile heaven, that has every type of dead snowmobile, and part you can imagine. If you find the equivalent outboard heaven, or hell, let us all know. Hasta luego.