Nissan 2-stroke engine oil

R00kie

Recruit
This is for a Nissan NS60A 2 stroke outboard.

How would I go about changing the engine oil? Where's the drain & where's the fill? The Clymer manual isn't helpfull in the least.

I know there's lower unit gear oil and I know how to change that and I know there's mixing oil for the fuel... but wouldn't you have to change out some engine oil?

Thanx.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Nissan 2-stroke engine oil

Two strokes don't use "engine oil", ROOkie. They are lubricated by the oil in the fuel.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Locate the cypher valve, it's on top of the starboard thermocoupler. Open the valve marked Do Not Open Under Any Circumstances. Let the jinn loose upon the world. Close the valve. Say out loud "I have a 2-stroke" three times. I usually do the African Anteater Ritual dance at this point, but since it's your first time you can skip this step. Lastly you should thank JB as he is not as sarcastic as I am:)

93gambler

Cadet

Be sure to properly add oil to your fuel. Refer to Nissan website for proper mixing ratios. Good Luck.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Not very friendly to a new member, TG. Bad TG, bad.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

It was the only way I could work the "African Anteater Ritual dance" into any kind of reply...And I have been wanting to throw that one out for years:)