Fuel filter Honda/Racor

gss036

Commander
I just got my boat back yesterday and started going over things and looking at equiptment. Haven't had a chance to get it on the water yet. Engine is Honda 225 HP. They installed a new fuel/water filter in the motor well. I went to check it out and it say Honda/Racor and is smaller than a standard Racor filter system. They probably used the small one because of space, but, I cannot locate a spare filter element to carry on the boat just in case I would get some bad gas. I guess in comparison, it like 10-12 oz container instead of 16-18 oz size. The numer on the filter is 17670-ZW2-030GH.
Any ideas, I hate to pay HONDA price, but if I have to.

Graphiterod

Cadet
Re: Fuel filter Honda/Racor

Check out www.marinefilters.com They sell racor filter elements for a good price.

I googled your filter number (don't include the dashes), and came up with a number of European websites that sell parts for Honda engines, including racor fuel filters. Did your yard install a European filter?

gss036

Commander

I have no idea if it is a European filter. It was put on at CapSante Marine in Anacortes, WA.
I looked at the site of your url on Thursday, could find it there. The paperwork that was in the box full of stuff I got with the owners manual shows the standard filter and replacement elements.
I've got Racor/Parker 800 number, will have to give them a call on Mon
Took the boat out this AM and ran for an hour,AWSOME motor, but heavy at 604 lbs. Boat handled the weight ok as it was designed for twin engines which would have weighted in around 700+ lbs.

gss036

Commander

You are right on Nick. I called Racor 800# and the tech dept knew right off the top of his head. Now to find a place cheaper than the rip off Honda shop. Everything I buy there is really higher than other places. I found some online, but by the time you get shipping added it brings the price back to suggested retail of $21.95. One place had the element for $12, but $9 shipping.
Any suggestions for which oil filter to use?
I did some google searches and came up w/purolater L14459?

tompass

Seaman Apprentice

You can likely use the Parker/Racor pff5510 10 micron cartridge. It is short enough to fit almost applications and is what I use on my BF225. Available from variety of vendors on line.

gss036

Commander

Tompass, that is just a replacement spin on type filter. Definately will not worh w/Racor filter assy w/drain bowl.
S3240 is the correct replacement element.

Nick on the Bad Habit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use a WIX 51334 spin on oil filter on my Honda 75HP motor. Wix makes a lot of the filters used under other brand names.
Nick

tompass

Seaman Apprentice

gss036,

You are correct and I should have stated that in the event that you do not have room, such is the case with my boat, for the Racor filter/bowl the pff5512 can be used.