Honda 115 HP running slow?

Jimsail

Cadet
After my 2004 Honda 115 HP outboard sat all winter (with a full tank of fuel with stabilizer) it started fine but seems to not be running on all cylinders. Seems to be running with a little rough and only getting up to 4800 RPM's.
Would this possibly be the fuel. Oil pressure, water pump working fine. Water separator looks free of water. Any suggestions?

Graphiterod

Cadet
Re: Honda 115 HP running slow?

Did you replace the spark plugs (after burning off the fogging oil), replace exterior fuel filter, replace interior fuel filter, change the oil, replace the oil filter and change the crank case oil?

Also disconnect your fuel line assembly from the engine, hook up a portable five gallon gas tank with fresh gas and run the engine.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

all hondas are know for gumming up the carbs
look at the plugs first

Jimsail

Cadet

Did you replace the spark plugs (after burning off the fogging oil), replace exterior fuel filter, replace interior fuel filter, change the oil, replace the oil filter and change the crank case oil?

Also disconnect your fuel line assembly from the engine, hook up a portable five gallon gas tank with fresh gas and run the engine.

I changed the plugs and the exterior fuel filter and now my motor runs at full RPM's. The old plugs (3years old) looked fine to me. I suspect my main problem was with the fuel filter. Thanks to all for your help.