90 hp nissan,removeing the auto oil mixer

3218dan

Seaman Apprentice
most all outboards i have had ,everything was removed and just mixed my gas/oil..can i do the same to my 92 90hp nissan..if so,what is the proper way to do it?do i have to block off anything,like oil lines? thanks dan

3218dan

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 90 hp nissan,removeing the auto oil mixer

so there is no way it could fail and blow the motor ?

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The statistical likelyhood of a Tohatsu having an oil pump failure is 1 out of 10,000. If you had a Mercury or an OMC it was more like 1 out of 10.

94fordman

Recruit

anyone know what the oil gas mix for a 70h motor

MercGuy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The statistical likelyhood of a Tohatsu having an oil pump failure is 1 out of 10,000. If you had a Mercury or an OMC it was more like 1 out of 10.

Could you expand on this a little ? I would be interested to know about the design differences that contribute to the increased reliability on Tohatus.

I understand how oil injection works on OMC and Merc, but I don't know anything about Tohatsu.

Thanks,

-Steve

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Failure rate of product. See warranty claim rates for incidence of failure in mid 1990 model products. As to why...The U.S. manufacturers were caught flat footed when the Japanese introduced oil injection. They threw poorly designed systems on the market and wound up with crap.