2003 Honda 130 PGM FI Alarm

capt bron

Recruit
I have been getting an alarm for PGM FI on one of my honda 130's the last 2 trips out. Both times I got the alarm were after running at speed for at least 2 hours and then slowing to idle. after idling for a period of time the alarm sounded. the first time it happened I shut the engine down and left it off for a while then restarted and didnt get another alarm in the 3 hour trip home. The second time I went out it ran fine on the way out then sounded after idlilng around for a few hours. This time i tried several times but never could get the alarm to clear for more than a few minutes. All the fuel filters fairly new and there is no sign of water in the fuel. The engine runs perfect and there are no other alarms ie battery temp or oil pressure. any help or insight would be appreciated.
Thanks

Frank Martin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2003 Honda 130 PGM FI Alarm

what light is coming on with the alarm?
if it is the check engine light there is a code stored in the computer that will tell you what set it off
you can take it in or buy the diagnostic plug for the pfi pannel and blink the codes out on the check engine light
buy a service manual
its not hard to do diag plug not expensive either

stevoboats12

Cadet

hi sorry to burst in on this thread,i got twin 130 hp hondas,when i turn the port side ignition on the engen ligh goes out,when i turn the starboard ignitio on the engen light stays on..why is thos the owners manuel says its thePGM-FI warning light,there is no buzzer that sounds except for the two beep beep sounds from turning the ignition on....please help

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

You should start your own thread It can get very confusing especially if interaction becomes involved with a bunch of questions and possible solutions.